Rejection and opposition will come your way as a leader or influencer. He who puts his head up is likely to get clothes lined by someone. There will always be critics, detractors and sometimes even a conspiracy or two on a rare occasion.
However, there are ways to prevent this from ever happening. There are things you can do to eliminate the dangers of exposure to rejection and the cascading consequence this might mean. Here is a list of 13 things to prevent such a thing. (Disclaimer here is that I am not totally serious, eh.)
- Give the answers people want to hear.
- Risk taking of any kind must come to an end.
- Your conscience…what conscience?
- Make no decisions…at all. Ever.
- Work on looking good rather than doing your best.
- Work even harder to make others look good and remind them about it.
- Value quid pro quo instead of principle-driven leadership.
- Listen to complaints of things that do not matter.
- Ignore complaints that could actually improve things.
- Make your new motto “conflict is bad” and ignore it.
- Structure is to be served by people rather than it serving people.
- Change is bad, so don’t change a thing!
- Blame others for everything. You are never the problem.
I think you get the picture. It might take a bit of effort. Anything you might to add to the list?