I thought it was time to update some personal things since the beginning of this transition journey for my family and I. Those of you praying with us, sending notes and expressing your concern have been an encouragement!
Yes, I am still looking for a job and there have been some down times, but I truly do have some things keeping me fairly busy such as:
- Playing in a local church worship team—keeping my musical skills current and every leader has to practice following, eh.
- Being a guest worship leader at different churches. It is a blessing to fill in and experience the unique expression of worship another church family expresses.
- Consulting work and helping with the development of a podcast for a client.
- Enjoying the first Christmas season in literally 20 years where I do not have to perform or lead a service. (Yep…I was a kid when I started.)
- Organizing some of my writings for a possible book proposal. (Hmm.)
- Songwriting and working with producers on my song and my daughter’s song.
- Trying to keep the blogging and social media world current—like this post.
- Traveling for job interviews, and all the contacts and forms with various people related to the job searching thing…etc.
- Two men’s groups: reading books and going through the book of Romans.
I am so grateful for the family I have and the friends who have been an amazing support! We have not had a transition like this since our first child came and we were both out of work. God has taken care of our physical, emotional and spiritual needs through and through and my faith is strong even if I am not. I realize that without my wife, family and friends and the gentle grace of God I would not have made it through other transition points in life. The same is true of this one—well, at least I am relearning that fact.
What is God and life causing you to re-learn in this season?