We are enjoying our stay in Canada. I thought a list of some favorite things might be in order, even if just to remind myself.
Here is a random list of 10 COOL Canadian things in Victoria, British Columbia:
- Ketchup flavored Lays Potato chips and ketchup by Heinz that is made with no cane sugar which with that and whatever else they do to it makes it taste better.
- Currency that actually is easy to recognize and the fact that they have a $1 and $2 coin. With expenses, the exchange rate is near even right now.
- Parking was cheap or free most of the time or we could walk to most places.
- The polite Canadian border officers who when for some reason I misheard the officer’s question about “mace” (or a”BOOT” mace) led them to do a cavity search of our vehicle.
- The pride for their country and region of British Columbia which reminded me of Texas people when I lived there a few years ago. The museum docents where entertaining with that and their passion. Of course, I am enchanted by history and a good story. We ate it up.
- Moxie’s restaurant, and Swan’s Pub in Victoria were both good. One for the food and service and the other for their brew and ambience. Actually, the food was good at the latter and the brew good at the former. Thumbs up on almost all our food and beverage experiences. Also, Cuban cigars are an added bonus..
- The weather has been amazing here.
- The town of Sidney was a nice diversion from Victoria, with a pleasant on-the-pier bistro and an air museum we enjoyed.
- The Royal BC Museum was a good stop. We decided to skip the garden thing everyone is trapped to tour.
- The locals may not like this for business, but for peak season we were not worn down by crowds in the slightest.
Any of you have some experiences or other suggestions for Victoria or your vacation spot this summer you can share?