Worship Mythbusters is a series of posts or conversations and this is a reworked post from a couple years ago. I thought some new readers would love to engage in this conversation:
The myth of a painless offering of worship
If our pain is also defined not just as punishment but “trouble, care, or effort taken to accomplish something” then how is our liturgy or worship to provide no effort, care, etc.?
Worship or my expression of worship is NOT…
- in three easy payments
- something I take but something I give
- about feeling good or pleasant all the time
- without cost in time, resources or skill
- all my favorite songs or music
- without using my brain or thoughts
- always convenient
- usually about my preferences
- something for me but from me
Anything else we can add to the list?