5 predictions for 2010 about church worship
I have put a very unscientific yet thoughtful list of predictions for the coming year in regards to what we will see in American churches each Sunday.
- The profession of leading worship becomes even dicier for those entering it with more drop outs, burn outs and pushed outs. Epidemic becomes pandemic.
- We have seen conflict over worship music style, however people will dice up whether the sermon is the “style” the they want or not.
- More worship leaders will be in directional roles of leadership than before.
- Teaching pastors who do not relate to GenXers and Millennials will begin to leave the pulpit at an increasing rate.
- Spiritual formation and contemplation will be even less taboo in the Evangelical brand of faith so that will effect the content of songs and sermons in 2010.
Any you might add to this list? Or, is one of these just a bomb? Chime in!