Here is a little list to think about. These ten statements are examples of where Christianity fails because of us. I am interested in how you see these statements.
- All I have to do is learn how to fit God into my life.
- Managing my sin is the key to living righteously.
- If I do enough good, it outweighs the bad.
- I need to learn more about God before I can obey God.
- Asking Jesus into my heart means I am a Christian.
- What I actually do does not matter to God if I said a sinners prayer.
- Baptism saves me.
- The Bible can be interpreted in my own way.
- Spiritual disciplines are about earning God’s favor.
- All I have to do is what Jesus did in the moment, no planning necessary.
Do you agree with these as FAIL statements or do they challenge you? What others would you add or delete?