Recap: What a cool life highlight for me to lead worship with both my daughter and nephew this morning. My 16-year-old nephew, Kyle Kirkpatrick, is staying with us for a week and played drums and cello in our worship team this weekend. He did great! Also, Emilie, my 15-year-old daughter, led worship with me as well on vocals and guitar. Part of my vision as a worship pastor is to build up the next generation and that includes my own family, of course!
Our worship and production team is great. Having Joey as a production intern, and other teens and young adults running things on stage, behind the scenes, and in decision-making roles in production and video makes this ministry at Sunridge worth much my personal life investment. The fruit will be huge in years to come. Thanks to our leadership and people for seeing our younger people as not the “future church” but part of the church right now.
Greg’s message of RISK was the first in a 5-part series “The Game of Life” where we are using board game titles to bounce of our topics. We gave away a board game today. I believe this series is going to deeply speak to our people.
- Let God Arise – Chris Tomlin
- Today is The Day – Lincoln Brewster
- O Worship The King – Chris Tomlin
- Hosanna – Brooke Fraiser
- Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) – Chris Tomlin
- OFFERING: Be Thou My Vision (cello)
- Link to “RISK” , this morning’s message by Greg Sidders
- Link to Fred McKinnon’s site with set lists from all over the place!
How was your Sunday? What inspired you, challenged you?