Church Tech Camp in Pasadena, CA this past Friday was an example of the unconference–a user created and collaborative learning experience. My cranium was filled with some interesting ideas. The conversation about reaching and touching real people with the gospel through technology inspires and motivates me to think even further outside of the box of our church structure and culture to see how we can be effective today and in the future. The bottom line: things are changing.
Tony Steward spearheaded Church Tech Camp and some of the people I met that attended were pioneers into the new media’s entrance into our faith and practice. Here are some links to catch you up to speed.
- Church Tech Camp website with blog and feeds, serving as the hub for the information
- Church Tech Camp LIVE feed where the discussion was captured on video and live blogging!
- The wiki created for this event is located here.
- Some people I met and enjoyed being with at and after this event with there respective sites: Cynthia Ware, Matt Singley, Robert Yang (Kindle Joy prayer site), Vince Marotte, Dawn Carter, Matt Phillips, Greg Atkinson.
- And, for the geeks in us all, we made the twitter blog! with the #churchtechcamp tag!!
Is the church culture ready to be salt and light in the new media technology or are we still looking for our own safe ghetto to stay bunkered in?