Yet another weekend where God’s presence was felt at Sundridge Community Church.
This Sunday at Sunridge we heard Greg give a message about worry in part two of our series, How to Stay Upbeat in A Downturn. Given our economic times, of course this was timely.
We dedicated a lot of babies in the service. I think this is a great ceremony, however, I wonder what creative ways other than in a Sunday morning service. Ideas? If you do it in a Sunday service, how do you make it relevant to those worshiping?
We did a song that I have always wanted to do by Michael Frye–“Be the Centre”. I liked the musical texture and the placement in the service and the basic theme–“…be my source, be my light, Jesus.” Making Jesus the center is indeed an antidote to worry.
Here are the songs:
- Not to Us – Tomlin, Chris | Reeves, Jesse
- Glorious – Tomlin, Chris | Reeves, Jesse
- O Worship The King – arr. Chris Tomlin
- Be The Centre – Michael Frye
- It Is Well With My Soul – H. Spaford, arr. Mark Roach
How was your worship weekend?