In the second service we performed a moving baptism with testimony of a woman who survived two bouts of cancer, the latest while giving birth. She waited for her hair to grow back for this day.
In our green room, the coffee press was used. I tell you what, it is the oldest and best way to make coffee. Yes, we do have a fridge full of Monster drinks. But, coffee from a press is hard to beat.
Transitions are pretty much as important as worship elements. What is funny and consistent, is how the second service is far better with our transitions. The lesson learned is to "practice" every transition possible before the service. Yes, we run through. But, the transitions do not always get practiced. Sometimes all the parties are not present such as the announcement people.
OK. Here are this week’s songs:
- Signature of The Divine (Yahweh) (needtobreathe)
- Majesty (Martin Smith, Stuart Garrard – Delirious?)
- How Great is Our God (Chris Tomlin)
- You Are Good (Israel Houghton – Lincoln Brewster version)
- I Am Free (Jon Egan – PK version)
How was your worship weekend?