Day One at the Sunridge Church office. Overall, one can never predict what their first experience in a new place is like. So, for your fun and my torture I offer you my version of The Office.
- Arrive at 8:40ish… “you are early…the rest just trickle in after 9 AM”
- I open my new spacious office digs…”how do I use this phone?”
- lesson in phone and voice mail
- I get withdrawals not having email or a computer yet, so I call the IT guy and get my smart phone setup for email. Cool, I am live!
- I see someone with a bagel…”they are in the work room with cream cheese…” I cave in, since I find a bagel baked in cheese and jalapeño peppers. Yikes, what is my breath like on my first day.
- In talking to an office mate, I hear of a letter written about worship. MY FIRST COMPLAINT to deal with!
- Then, I go downstairs and learn about “In Touch” cards. Another complaint… it was the same woman saying it was “TOO LOUD” in church this past Sunday
- I answer my very first voicemail…then rearrange my desk, empty two boxes. It feels a bit like my office now that the lava lamp is out.
- Heading home now at 12:30…lunch…
- …I work at home since I like computers and get some stuff inputed on a database
- 2:54 pm I arrive back in the office lobby, waiting for me are two of the three people I get to lead in a meeting I never previously attended.
- While waiting I am handed a check…nice
- Our meeting is fun, since these guys hate long meetings as much as I do…however we end at 5:30 pm which means a long meeting…
- The IT guy gets another call, since I am trying to get a computer online…
- Mike is kept talking to me after that failed attempt, and I have to take his phone away and promise his wife a free dinner for keeping Mike so late…
- 6:25 pm…finally home!
I did it. Made it through my first day at the office…