This weekend at the Celebration worship services we had Todd Skinner, our young adult pastor, preach once again. The theme was on "mission" and on how God has given us as believers a mission. One song that capped this idea was Hillsong United’s "To The Ends of The Earth."
Cheryl helped co-lead with the worship team on half the tunes. For some reason, this theme of missions and outreach is the most exciting to me. I personally feel our worship often is small, moody and self-focused with much of the goal being the massaging of the saints, rather than taking the larger-than-life approach. God’s transcendence in worship is a lot closer when we are closer to what His heart beats for–people. His grace extends to us beyond our own salvation to the fact that our lives are invited to join in God’s work to reach more people.
One cool thing to note is that we had Beth and Blake play in the band this week on loan from the band Blameless Child.
Alright, off my soap box and to the worship songs.
- That’s Why We Praise Him (Tommy Walker)
- How Awesome is the Lord Most High (Pierce, Cary | Tomlin, Chris | Reeves, Jesse | Abel, Jon)
- Lord, Reign In Me (Brenton Brown)
- The Greatest Gift (Rich Kirkpatrick)
- Your Name (Paul Baloche, Glen Pakiam)
- To The Ends of The Earth (Houston, Joel | Sampson, Marty)
How was your worship weekend?