This weekend at the Celebration worship services I had a young gal named Stephani fill in for us for the first time who did a good job leading. I went a friends wedding on Saturday night, but was here all weekend behind the curtain and in the tech booth. I have gotta say that my worship team is amazing and the people here are generous. Just look at the breakfast pic and read the menu! Our green room was once again turned into a gourmet cornucopia of extravagance, complete with table linens and a framed menu! Thanks so much!!
The Green Room Menu:
- Ham Steaks
- Lemon Basil Eggs over Foccia Bread
- Fruit Skewers
- Fresh Peaches and Blackberries
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Skewers
- Chipotle, Cinnamon, and Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Buttercream
To top this off, we were short a guitarist and my Nashville buddy Joel popped in just in time for the food and the play with us! (see my article about Facebook where I mention this) Our pastor walked through the green room on his way to preach the final service and was so taken with what he saw that he has to take the framed menu and bring it up to the pulpit. Bill basically gave the impression that this was how we always eat and that if you were a worship musician you had better consider joining. With his typical sense of humor he read the menu. (You missed this all the other services, sorry!).
One technical that we corrected this weekend: the bass players have unknowingly been boosting their low end so much that our subs have kicked the people to the back walls. Now, I like this, but we had to temper that and finally did so the past couple week.
Our list of worship songs:
- Come, Now is the Time to Worship (Brian Doerksen)
- My Redeemer Lives (Reuben Morgan)
- Shout to the Lord (Darlene Zschech)
- Came to My Rescue (Hillsong United)
- Awesome In This Place (Dave Billington)
- Better is One Day (Matt Redman)
How was your worship weekend?