This week we went to San Jose to visit family, so the challenge was to "move" and not eat too much. However, the eating was a problem. Over the past week or so I have had two BBQs with New York Steak, family events, my brother Dave’s smoked ribs, and two 4-course gourmet meals. The bottom line is that I have gained about 4 pounds over the last month or so, but have not gained beyond that in spite of eating so much and so well the past couple of weeks! Phew.
- Tuesday: 2 miles on the elliptical trainer at the hotel gym. Also the stairmaster was employed. My knee was acting up, of course.
- Wednesday: we did the huge Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, walking at least a couple miles. 😉
- Thursday: 1.5 miles, taking it easy, on the treadmill doing the jog-walk thing. The knee is frustrating me. We had a prayer meeting where the guys and gals around the table actually prayed for my knee to be healed. AND…
- Friday: rested…my knee feels great! An answer to prayer, I say.
- Saturday: 2 mile hike to Boulder Creek Falls in Whiskeytown park! The knee? Feels fine after the hike! On a side note, I used my new hiking sandals my kids gave me on my birthday and they worked perfectly well.I also saw a mountain lion run in front of me on the dirt road to the trail…phew, I was in my Honda Element! This means I have been to all the Whiskeytown Falls now. What’s next? Check out the photos below…
This coming week I am traveling and at a conference, so sitting and eating will be the dragon to slay? Any ideas?