2010 will be here before you know it. How about some more futurecasting for what worship ministry will be like.
- The number of worship mercenaries will increase do to multisite expansion. All I mean here is that some churches will just hire talent anywhere they can get it to have that sound in music they want. Others will wish they have the budget to do so.
- There will be an interest in moving beyond electric guitar tap delay (think U2 copy) and more freedom to explore style diversity in music. PLEASE!
- Storytelling of all kinds will become even more a part of Evangelical liturgy both in the sermon and in the worship music and life of the church.
- Online worship services will feel more like a normal option for many and more churches will offer that option either live or streamed on Web 2.0.
- Church people will increasingly attend more than one church as families fracture, schedules tighten and culture moves us from relying on one brand of anything for everything.
OK. Chime in on whether this is a future you see or if it is whether its a good thing or a bad thing.