Recap: We had Britt Sipe in the pulpit this Sunday who delivered a message focusing on the parable “The Good Samaritan” and asking the question: who is my neighbor? Britt did not close the loose ends, intentionally leaving us to wrestle with this question. We highlighted The Brook in a video during our singing time. After seeing the video, it was almost too hard for me to sing because of being so emotional watching what God is doing in that ministry to the homeless and needy in Temecula. It was especially moving to watch our congregation rise to their feet to declare “greater things still to be done in this city” after the video.
Setlist: This week’s songs rocked and wrecked me! “God of This City” worked amazingly well with our “Give Love Away” theme. Here are the songs.
- Give Love Away – Travis Doucette
- I Will Boast – Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown
- Mighty to Save – Joel Houston
- God of Justice – Tim Hughes
- God of This City – Aaron Boyd, Richard Bleakley, Ian Jordan, Andrew McCann, Peter Kernaghan, Peter Comfort
What happened for you in worship this past weekend?