RECAP: This past Sunday we had Chico Goff of Mission Hills Church in San Marcos, CA teach us. Chico taught us about forgiveness–dispelling some myth and giving us some hopeful challenge. One very moving part of the service was when Chico passed out luggage tags to each person which had “Jesus” on one side and was blank on the other. The blank side is the side we wrote a name of someone we needed to forgive. At a closing song, people came forward and deposited the luggage tag into a suitcase. No more baggage held. We are free when we forgive from resentment. Go here to listen to the message.
SET LIST: Our music this week, on the last summer weekend, included my daughter Emilie co-leading with me. That surely was a treat, but I feel not only for me but for our church. When young people use their gifts it always builds up the church. Our new song “Because of Your Love” is a couple years old, but new to us. It worked great and foreshadowed our “LOVE” series coming up next weekend.
Here are the songs:
- Hosanna – Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown
- All to Your – Lincoln Brewster, Reid McNulty
- Because of Your Love – Paul Baloche
- You Are My King – Billy Foote
- Jesus Paid it All – arr. Stanfill.
- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) – Chris Tomlin, Edwin Othello Excell, John Newton, John P. Rees, Louie Giglio
How was your worship weekend? What moment was most moving and powerful?
For set lists and recaps from other churches go here.