|Coast Trip 2007|
I already mentioned a bit about my trip, but you really need to see these pictures. Minutes and hours from where we live in Redding, the most beautiful scenery exists to wow the eyes and calm the soul. Beyond that, it was fun to break in my new car and get a weekend off. Here are some highlights:
- Drove onto Clam Beach near Eureka and almost got stuck in my new Honda 4WD Element! Imagine calling AAA to pull you off the sandy beach, hoping that the tide is slow in rising.
- We took an eight-mile drive on a dirt road which my son coins as "hiking with the car" to see Gold Bluffs Beach and Fern Canyon. The elks were huge, by the way.
- We saw the tide pools and froze in Crescent City.
- The Lady Bird Johnson Grove served both as an activity and our church service.
- We ate in Trinidad at "The Eatery" and loved the food.
"SURPRISE!!" was heard on Monday night. Some dear people decided to test my aging cardiac condition by putting on a little gathering. I have never been surprised for a party before. It is amazing how those who love you can lie so well and conceal such a thing! Or, am I just getting older and my mind wasn’t quick enough to figure it out? Ever been "surprised"?